.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Monday, August 15, 2011

Bleg re Mutualist Political Economy

I'd like to do a Kindle version of MPE, and unfortunately all the versions I can find (including on thumb drives saved from my old hard drives) are in pdf format. If anyone has it in Word, Open Office or .doc, I'd appreciate if you'd email me a copy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous P.M.Lawrence said...

No, I haven't got it in those formats, but these utilities may (or may not) help with the underlying problem. Failing that, when someone emails me a pdf file I generally don't download it but use gmail's "view as html" feature to look at it in a new tab; as I see you use gmail, you could just email it to yourself and see if that feature converts the whole thing well enough to copy and paste into Word or Open Office.

August 16, 2011 2:46 AM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Thanks, PML.

August 16, 2011 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Tom Eicher said...

The NitroPDF pdf to word converter converted it with no problems-at least it opened in OpenOffice, footnotes and all. There's a 14 day free trial at http://www.pdftoword.com/

I have it now as a Word document and can send it if our email systems will handle 5.7 MB attachment.

Best regards,

Tom Eicher

PS: Have you read David Graeber's Debt: The First 5000 Years? I think that you'd enjoy it (very readable) and find it interesting.

August 16, 2011 5:04 PM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Thanks, Tom. I'd certainly appreciate it as an email attachment. I've got gmail, so it should work fine.

PML: I tried converting it to html via Google Docs, and unfortunately the formatting looked about like the Google cache version of a pdf document.

August 16, 2011 5:25 PM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

P.S. I've heard good things about Graeber's book. I'll have to check it out.

August 16, 2011 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home