But what the hell--I'll be a sport.
1) Number of books I own. Somewhere over a thousand, although it's hard to say with so many boxed up.
2) Last book I bought. Paul Sweezy's The Theory of Capitalist Development and Mel Bartholomew's Square Foot Gardening.
3) Last book I read. Currently re-reading David Noble's Forces of Production for my ongoing research project, and reading Vonnegut's Deadeye Dick for fun. BTW, here's a great limerick from the latter:
There was a young man from Dundee
Who buggered an ape in a tree.
The offspring was horrid,
All ass and no forehead,
Three balls and a purple goatee.
4) Books that mean a lot to me. These are the ones I listed last time:
Kirkpatrick Sale. Human Scale.
Benjamin Tucker. Instead of a Book.
David DeLeon. The American as Anarchist.
Harry C. Boyte. The Backyard Revolution: Understanding the New Citizen Movement.
Henry J. Silverman, ed. American Radical Thought: The Libertarian Tradition.
I don't know if I should try to think of five more. But I've been weeding and mulching all day, so I'm too tired to think straight. I will add R.A. Wilson's and Robert Shea's The Illuminatus! Trilogy. Hmmm.... and maybe Karl Hess' Community Technology. I'll probably think of more after I get this posted. Oh, yeah--Hilaire Belloc's The Servile State.
5) Tag five others. Eh, I'm on meme strike. Maybe if I don't pass it on this time, I won't fall victim to the law of karmic return.