1. Total number of books I own: a thousand or so (a rough guess, since so many of them are still in boxes from previous moves).
2. The last book I bought: Frances Moore Lappe's World Hunger: Twelve Myths and Bob Rodale's Composting (I don't remember which one actually hit the counter first).
3. The last book I read: Currently reading the new 2004 edition of Walter Adams' and James Brock's The Bigness Complex.
4. Five books that mean a lot to me:
Kirkpatrick Sale. Human Scale.
Benjamin Tucker. Instead of a Book.
David DeLeon. The American as Anarchist.
Harry C. Boyte. The Backyard Revolution: Understanding the New Citizen Movement.
Henry J. Silverman, ed. American Radical Thought: The Libertarian Tradition.
5. Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:
Of course there are a lot more people I'd like to pass this along to (especially for their answers to #4)--but I am nothing, if not a stickler for obeying the rules.