.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Friday, March 02, 2007

Goodbye Link Digests, Hello Feeds

If you look over there to the left, you should see a new window full of recommended links from the Google feed aggregator. It's a lot handier. The main problem is that the Google aggregator itself is far less user-friendly than Bloglines, so I usually use Bloglines for reading and just keep the Google Reader open in another tab to tag posts for my feed digest.

Anyway, there's a lot of good stuff there. You can open it up and read it like a blog. I went about a week without checking my feeds, so I tagged a whole lot of stuff yesterday when I was catching up. It's well worth clicking back to the beginning to check it all out, IMO.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Thank you! Long time coming.

Seriously, you should still check out del.icio.us. It's how I do my linkblog.

But still, this is great: I think Google Reader has a feed for your stuff I can monitor. I'm tempted to publish your feed directly on my site, since most of it will probably end up there anyway...

March 03, 2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I use Google Reader as my main aggregator now. I like it a lot, and I just had to click one button to add your "Shared Items" feed to it. I haven't tried Bloglines, but Google Reader works so well for me, I see no reason to change. What don't you like about it?

March 05, 2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger Sheldon Richman said...

Cool idea, Kevin. Thanks!

March 06, 2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger root said...

Like Jeremy, I also use del.icio.us to put up on my blog a feed of recent reads.

I still use Google Reader to do my syndication (I've yet to try out programs like Akregator since my Linux turncoating), but I use del.icio.us because in addition to making a link feed for a "linklog" you can also tag the items with a relevant tag(s), and help keep your favorite bookmarks organized for later personal use.

You can also use del.icio.us to add favorite pages that don't have RSS/Atom feeds.

That, and the icon plugin to "internalize" the process into the browser itself... If you get the del.icio.us icon plugin for your browser (I know you can get it in your icon bar in Firefox or Swiftfox, my recent browser of choice, but I'm not sure about IE or anything else) you won't really even need the second tab open to add something!

Just a few thoughts...

March 06, 2007 7:31 PM  
Blogger Geoffrey Allan Plauche said...

Thanks for the heads up on this feature.

March 09, 2007 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home