.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Compendium of Posts on Who Moved My Cheese? and Fish! Philosophy

I was pleased to see that my "More On (Moron?) Fish! Philosophy" post was recently listed number six on a Google of "Fish! Philosophy" (click if you enjoy a little juvenile Google-bombing; I'd love to move it further up the list and poison some minds innocently investigating the topic). Anyway, I thought I'd add a link to my sidebar collecting all the stuff in one place that I've written on management/motivational bullshit.

Dubya Moved My Cheese: or Chicken Soup for the Upper Class Twit's Soul
Who Moved My Cheese, Revisited
"Choose Your Attitude"
Spencer Johnson--Cowardly Weasel
More On (Moron?) Fish! Philosophy
Stamping Out Ownlife
Vache Folle on Fish! Philosophy and "Negativity"
Fish! Philosophy: The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves
Jon Carroll on Who Moved My Cheese?
Stamping Out Ownlife
Empire of the Rising Scum (Apolgies to R.A. Wilson) (actually Robert Shea)
Fish! Philosophy: Opiate of the Powerless

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, interesting articles. Anyway I like some motivational and productivity books like, Getting Things Done (GTD), The 7 Habits of Highly Productive People, and The Now Habit. Since GTD is the most famous now, with a lot of hype about it, I would like to read your opinion about it. Thanx.

June 09, 2006 5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, some motivational stuff is about creating your own business and toward financial independence. I think some of them are quite good.

June 09, 2006 5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not even worth challenging this spambot, is it?

June 09, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Actually, Anon no. 3, I think the comments were the legitimate opinion of a real live human.

Anon nos. 1 and 2 (I assume both comments have one author),

I tend to spit up green soup and spin my head 360 degrees when Steven Covey's name is mentioned, but at least the genre you mention is all about personal productivity, without a bunch of crap about creating a touchy-feely atmosphere in an "organization."

I really liked the material at the Dominguez site. I never thought of stuff about becoming financially independent, accumulating "go to hell" money, and quitting your job as falling under the "motivational" heading, but technically I guess it does. By that definition, Ralph Borsodi and Scott Nearing would belong in the same genre. Mind-blowing!

I also find a lot of the kind of "guerrilla capitalism" stuff I used to see in Loompanics pretty useful.

June 09, 2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home